MADE FROM 5MM THICK, FERRITIC STAINLESS STEEL.
NATIONAL PARK FRIENDLY FIRE PIT255mm GROUND CLEARANCE. (Stability is not affected even though this is higher off the ground than our standard fire pits.)
- 2x Side Panels
Weight: 17.5 kg
DO NOT USE DURING TOTAL FIRE BAN IN YOUR STATE - NO FIRES, CHARCOAL OR HEAT BEADS CAN BE USED. ONLY GAS OR ELECTRIC APPLIANCES ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED DURING TOTAL FIRE BAN.
What is Ferritic Stainless Steel?
For our fire pits and hot plates, we use a specially formulated grade of stainless steel which is known as ferritic stainless steel. After much research and testing, we have chosen to manufacture a range of products from this type of steel as it is magnetic, and has a higher carbon content than the more common 304/316 stainless steels. This means it has good thermal conductivity so it distributes heat more evenly throughout the steel and allows it to handle high heat with less distortion, making it great for fire pits and hot plates.
- Stainless steel has sharp edges, please take care when handling the plate, we recommend that you wear protective gloves when assembling and taking apart your fire pit.
- The steel parts may have some marks/texture or scratches from the manufacturing process, see below pictures for some examples. These marks and surface imperfections do not affect the usability of the fire pits or grill plates.
- Stainless steel will discolour from heat and weathering. Most corrosive environments will cause the ferritic S/S to form a light surface patina, which unlike rust does not affect its lifetime performance. In fact, the patina actually creates another protective layer on the steel, stopping further corrosion forming.
These may possibly warp from heat when in use or over time, so we recommend that you flip the sides over each time you use the fire pit, to straighten out any bowing or warping.
We do recommend that you oil the fire pit parts from time to time to create an even stronger barrier against corrosion/patina formation.
- Ensure all children and pets are supervised at all times while fire pit is in use.
- Individual fire pits and bundles will fit inside our canvas bag, however the spit upgrade kit (the rotisserie box) can be too large and it may not close properly. Once multiple accessories are added, we cannot guarantee it all will fit inside the bag.