Flat Pack Fire Pit With Ferritic Stainless Steel Grill & Ash Tray (50cm Long)
Ideal for Camping, 4WD and Backyard Use
Fire Pit is made from 3mm thick laser cut mild steel, grill is made from 3mm thick ferritic stainless steel.
- Easy assembly, simply slots together in under a minute.
- Light weight: only 15 kg!
- Easy to store, transport & carry
- Can be assembled 2 ways; either to be used as a fire pit, or it can be placed over the top of a fire that has already been lit on the ground.
- Can be used as a fire pit / BBQ / grill / camping stove
- Includes pan supports
- Ash tray included
Weight: 15 kg, Including Ash Tray
Steel Thickness: 3mm
2x End Panels
2x Side Panels
2x Pan Supports
1x Ferritic Stainless Steel Grill Plate - see details below.
1 x Galvanised Ash Tray
View our instructions here
The hot plate/grill on this fire pit is made from a special grade of stainless steel which is ideal for cooking on, as it distributes the heat more evenly throughout the plate, as opposed to standard grades of stainless such as 304 and 316. We use ferritic stainless steel (410 grade) which offers corrosion resistance, a non-porous cooking surface and good thermal conductivity. Putting it simply, this type of stainless steel is better for high temperatures so it will last you longer as it is less likely to distort or warp.
This type stainless steel will brown over time with use, and will become a darker golden colour than the silver stainless steel you might be used to. It is easy to clean and maintain.
- These will warp from heat when in use, but usually flatten back out once cooled. We recommend that you flip the sides over each time you use the fire pit, to straighten out any bowing or warping.
- Please do not overload the 3mm thick fire pits, they are made for camp fires. Do not burn large, heavy logs as the weight of these combined with high heat will damage the fire pit.
- If you are concerned about the steel warping from heat in the long term, we would suggest you choose one of our 5mm heavy duty fire pits.
- These fire pits are made from raw finish, mild steel so they will rust if left out in the elements or if water/moisture is not dried from the surface. We recommend you coat these with cooking oil every few uses to keep them in the best condition.
- The fire pit parts are manufactured using heavy machinery so they may have some scratching, marks or printing from the manufacturing process - see photos below.
- We recommend only using the stainless steel grill once the fire has burnt down to coals, as direct heat from flames can damage the grill.
- Ensure children and pets are supervised at all times while fire pit is in use.
- These fire pits can be heavy (please check the weight in the description) and may possibly have sharp edges, so please take care when handling, we recommend you use gloves if this is a concern.